Trading Chat

UStream TV Feed

Friday, November 21, 2008

The Week's Portfolio and Trading Results

The rally today gave a little back, but the portfolio did nicely for the week - up 17.7%. Pretty good in comparison to the market. It was a good week to be short.

As for me, I closed the day all cash again. Actually, I was out about 2:30 just before the rally, which was a good thing. For the week, my trading record was 62 wins, 5 losses (10 and 0 today) for a 15.7% return. I'm surprised and amused that I didn't even beat the portfolio - that will be fun to watch over time. The portfolio does have one calculation flaw - it assumes entry at the prior close, and sometimes the stocks gap open, meaning that the prior day's close was never a valid entry point.

Keep an eye out this weekend for next week's picks - the daily chart tells us to stay bearish even though it looks like we're setting up a bear flag over a few to several trading days.

Questions/comments, please feel free, I'd appreciate the feedback.

No comments: