Trading Chat

UStream TV Feed

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nov 16, 2008 stock picks...scorecard.

I've made a lot of "predictions" for lack of a better word in prior posts, so I thought I'd collect them and track progress once in a while. I'll do my best not to dismiss when I've been off-base.

The Nov 16 Stock Picks are three months old, time to put them to the test:

HIG, "if it goes to $10, it starts looking like a short." The next day, it broke below $10, and was at $4.95 by the end of that week. 1-0

UBS, short, it did go lower, but not far enough and not for long. 1-1

PCU, short, didn't reach target. 1-2

MS, as a short, it sort of worked, but it only went down 20%. 1-3

JBHT, did not hit target. 1-4

GGB, did not hit target. 1-5

CCK, did not hit target. 1-6

ISRG, did not hit target, but it was close. It's a loss on paper but it would have been a great short, down 40% from the entry point. I hate to say it... 1-7. P.S. I'm short this again at $114 w/ target $85 I think.

CMA, target met & exceeded, 2-7

BK, did not meet target, although the move that week was 20% in the right direction. 2-8

AIV, met intermediate target, on it's way to hitting longer-term target. Has to be a W. 3-8.

That's not so good, but if the money management was right, with riding winners and cutting losers early, it would have been a good palatte of picks.

No comments: